Sunday, December 16, 2012

What's new

 Hello,

 It's been a long time since I've posted anything. Real life stuff's been keeping me busy. Even so, I did finish A Dance with Dragons. I'm hoping HBO combines A Dance with Dragons with A Feast for Crows for one season. I found both books to be drawn out and not as interesting as the previous novels in the series. Having said that however, I believe he is preparing readers for a grande finale in the last 2 novels, which I hope he can finish in his lifetime.
 As far as gaming goes, I'm sure that many people have been watching Guild Wars 2 before and after its release. This is the game I am currently playing. To me, it looks like they've taken all the best ideas from other games and rolled it into one. I like the fact that everyone gets XP from all kills they are involved with regardless of who hit the mob first. This eliminates kill stealing and also incourages players to help other players. The events remind me of public quests in Warhammer which was one part of that game that I enjoyed immensely. The guild system is unique as well as that you can represent more than one guild in a way. Your account is linked so that once you join a guild, all your characters may represent that particular guild, saving time trying to get them invited separately. As well, your crafting mats can be accessed and used by all your toons quite easily. Your bank can be accessed at crafting stations, etc. etc. I could go on and on. There are so many new and fresh ideas in this game. Sure, some people say it's just another MMORPG, and I've noticed people get discouraged at first try because it is so different, but once they try it for a while, they usually get used to it.
 I also like the idea of having skills dependant on the weapon you are using. This adds some variety and customization to characters based on your style. Leveling is not tedious, which is nice. I cannot list all the differences in this game compared to others or I would be typing far longer than I wish. Also, I have yet to experience dungeons or World vs.World in GW2, which I am looking forward to but I am taking it slow and savouring it as I go. Even though I haven't been there, WvW reminds me of the RvR in Warhammer, which was another reasons I liked WAR so much. Here however, it is server vs. server, and 3 sides instead of 2, similar to what I've heard Dark Age of Camelot had.
 I think I'll be playing GW2 for a while so it may be another long while before I post again.
Oh, I also finished the Inheritance series by Chistopher Paolini. I enjoyed his writing style and the entire series. It's too bad they already made an Eragon movie, which I truly hated, because they could have done this entire series into 2 or 3 movies like Lord of the Rings. I would have liked to have seen that. I guess that happens when they rush something like that while the hype is still there. The same thing for Cyanide's Game of Thrones RPG from what I've read in the game reviews. I might try it some day if the price goes down enough.
 Until next time, I hope everyone is enjoying the games they're playing and I sincerely hope we don't have to wait 8 years for next novel in A Song of Ice and Fire series.
 Also, have a safe and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment